For 8 years, I worked remotely collaborating within a team environment as a web developer for Pearson managing complex university course content in multiple learning management (LMS) platforms. The position required HTML, CSS, constant organization and an ability to multi-task, paying close attention to detail and problem-solving. See Employment below for more details.
Elizabeth High School Gymnastics
For 12 years, I volunteered my time supporting the Elizabeth High School gymnastics team of Elizabeth, Colorado, providing fundraising management and designing logos, shirt designs, photo and video editing, and an annual printed program.2022 Program 2022 Video Design Gallery
ChalkBox Gymnastics has been a client of mine for 15 years. I have provided business logos, shirt designs, advertisements, photo editing, and gym posters, as well as designing, building and maintaining their website using WordPress.ChalkBoxGym.com Design Gallery
Archived Graphic Design
Web Content Developer
July 2014 – December 2022
(contractor, full-time, 100% remote)
Employed as a web developer, contracted through various agencies (most recently Robert Half)
- Managed complex university course content in multiple learning management (LMS) platforms
- Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, Sakai, Brightspace
- Coded internal and external content using HTML and CSS.
- Finalized, formatted, and revised master course content in LMS platforms, including gradebook, rubrics, course outcomes, student learning outcomes, reading, assignments, discussions and exams.
- Assisted with LMS migration and implementation projects.
- Worked closely with online team and collaborated with instructional designers to deliver course content in alignment with specifications.
- Facilitated training for LMS processes using examples and live demonstrations to ensure consistent standards.
- Reviewed content and code to validate structure and assess WCAG web content accessibility compliance.
- Performed work according to project schedules, course checklist criteria, and to maintain established quality standards.
- Collaborated 100% remotely within a team environment using:
- Microsoft Teams for communication and meetings
- Wrike for workflow and project management
- SharePoint, OwnCloud and Google for file sharing
Graphic Design Consultant
- ChalkBox Gymnastics: (15 years) promoted brand identity by creating company logos and website (open-source WordPress)
- Elizabeth Gymnastics: (12 years) created compelling team logo designs and spearheaded fundraising by management, designing and producing an annual 24+ page printed program.
- Created logos for various other businesses and organizations
Education and Personal Development
Washington University in St. Louis
Bachelors of Fine Arts | Graphic Design
Majored in Fine Arts with an emphasis on graphic design
Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Online Division
Digital Design Diploma | Adobe CS
Focused on rendering graphics using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Dreamweaver